Why Chelsea gave Moses new two-year deal – Emenalo

By Richard Johnson

Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo has praised Victor Moses for putting in the hard work to earn him a new contract at Stamford Bridge.

The Nigeria international was rewarded for his fine form for Chelsea so far this season with a new deal at the west London club, as he put pen to paper on a contract to keep him at Stamford Bridge until 2021.

Moses has been one of Chelsea’s standout performers this season under new boss Antonio Conte following the Italian’s arrival at Stamford Bridge last summer.

The 26-year-old has made the wing-back role his own at Stamford Bridge this season and has earned plenty of praise for his performances this term.

And Emenalo says Moses was handed his new deal because of his marked improvement in performances this season.

Speaking to Chelsea’s website, Emenalo said: “We are extremely pleased Victor has chosen to extend his contract with us. He is enjoying an excellent season and, under Antonio’s leadership, has proved to be an important member of the squad.

“This new contract is testament to Victor’s hard work and dedication to succeed at Chelsea and we believe he will be a big part of our future success.”

Chelsea are currently gearing up for their Premier League trip to West Ham United on Monday night as they look to continue their march towards the Premier League title.

This post has already been read 538 times!

Related Stories

Sharing makes the world a better place:
Share on Facebook4Tweet about this on Twitter2Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Comments

Shares