De Gea insists he’s innocent after being implicated in sex abuse case

By Isoccer Staff

Spain and Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea has denied allegations that he has been implicated in a sexual abuse case, as reported in the Spanish media on Friday.

El Diario published alleged court documents on Friday, which named De Gea and Athletic Bilbao forward Iker Muniain in relation to an ongoing case involving pornography businessman Ignacio Allende Fernandez.

However, De Gea has denied having any involvement and insisted he would remain part of Spain’s Euro 2016 plans after instructing his lawyers to handle the case.

“Firstly, I have to say I am the first surprised with this news,” De Gea told a news conference. “I just want to deny everything, it is a big lie and falsehood. That’s all.“This now in the hands of my lawyers. This gives me more strength to train more, to help the team however I can.

“I’m still very relaxed, I just want to train and do what I like to do. I just want the tournament to start and to play.

“I was in the room when heard news. Above all I wanted to tell my family, so they know this is all false, and they can be relaxed.

“This is in the hands of my lawyers now. I am very relaxed and nothing else. It is all false. Nothing much more I can say.

“I have no idea where reports came from and how I could be [mixed up] in this. I am very relaxed, I can only say it is all false.”

When asked if he would remain at the tournament, De Gea replied: “Of course. It makes me even stronger to stay in the national team, having my team-mates’ support too.

“I am looking forward to play this Euro and as I said before, everything which is on papers is totally false. It will be in my lawyer’s hands.”

Muniain also released a statement through his official Twitter account, in which he also denied the allegations.

He posted: “After the news reported today about myself, I would like to express:

“1) The facts related are absolutely false.

“2) I will hand this matter to my lawyers in the coming days.

“3) I hope every fan who supported me on the pitch trusts me in this moment.”

Euro 2016 had been billed as the tournament in which De Gea finally displaced legendary keeper Iker Casillas as Spain’s number one choice in between the sticks.

However, until this controversy dies down, it remains to be seen if the Red Devils star will appear for his country in the near future.

After coming close to leaving United for La Liga giants Real Madrid last summer, De Gea produced consistent performances upon his return to the starting XI and demonstrated his excellent shot-stopping qualities by saving a Romelu Lukaku penalty in the FA Cup semi-final.

And the 25-year-old will have surely seen Euro 2016 as the perfect stage to prove that he’s more than capable of being Spain’s number one.

Spain’s first game sees them face Czech Republic on Monday at 14:00 in Toulouse.

This post has already been read 676 times!

Related Stories

Sharing makes the world a better place:
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Comments

Shares