PSG close to shock £163m Mbappe deal

By Isoccer Staff

Paris Saint-Germain are ‘one step closer’ to completing a £163million deal to sign Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.

Marca report that the Ligue 1 clubs have reached an agreement over Mbappe and that the deal just requires a seal of approval from the lawyers before it’s completed.

The clubs are exchanging documentation to finalise the transfer after Monaco reluctantly agreed to negotiate with PSG over a deal for their prized asset.

According to Marca, Mbappe was pushed in the direction of PSG by his father despite the striker’s preference to play for Real Madrid.

The move for Mbappe comes just a week after PSG shattered the world transfer record to sign Neymar from Barcelona for £198million.

Should the Mbappe deal go through it would be another huge statement of intent by PSG as their owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi bids to bring a Champions League trophy to the Parc des Princes.

Al-Khelaifi rejected suggestions that Neymar’s arrival would infringe on UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rejections on Saturday and told critics of the transfer to ‘go have a coffee’.

However the Qatari businessman is set to face further questions about Financial Fair Play should his club complete the £163million move for Mbappe.

Mbappe courted interest from Madrid and Barcelona this summer following a stunning breakthrough season with Monaco, which saw him earn a call up to the France national team at the age of just 18.

Madrid believed they had agreed a £160million deal to sign Mbappe last month after manager Zinedine Zidane allayed the 18-year-old’s fears that he would struggle for playing time at the Bernabeu.

Arsenal and both Manchester clubs had also pursued Mbappe this transfer window but PSG now look to have stolen a march on their rivals in the race to sign the teenager.

Mbappe featured for the Ligue 1 holders in their first match of the new season on Friday but was forced off after picking up a knock during the 3-2 home win over Toulouse – Monaco said they expect him to be fit for Sunday’s trip to Dijon.

This post has already been read 778 times!

Related Stories

Sharing makes the world a better place:
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Comments

Shares