Wenger takes a swipe at Man United following Old Trafford defeat

By Isoccer Staff

Arsene Wenger took a swipe at Manchester United following Sunday’s defeat at Old Trafford.

Marcus Rashford ‘s double set the Red Devils on their way to a 3-2 win to deal a big blow to the Gunners’ title
hopes.

The teenage striker spearheaded United’s attack again in the absence of injured duo Wayne Rooney and Anthony
Martial.

He put in a man of the match display to sink the north Londoners, who were slammed by Graeme Souness following their defeat.

But Wenger was keen to point out that Louis van Gaal’s side contained the likes of summer signings Memphis Depay and Morgan Schneiderlin in their starting XI.

“Let’s not go overboard,” he said.

“They still had a few millions [of pounds worth of talent] on the pitch. From [goalkeeper David] De Gea to the whole
midfield was experienced players … [Memphis] Depay, they spent a lot of money [on] him. You cannot call him a player
from the academy.”

Meanwhile, Wenger has denied his side had been lacking in “spirit and commitment.”

He told Sky Sports: “They scored the goals, we have to look at ourselves.

“Our spirit and commitment was 100 per cent there but it’s difficult to win away from home when you concede three
goals.

“We were strong enough but they stopped us a lot with little fouls. That was very frustrating. I could not question
our desire or commitment at all.”

This post has already been read 511 times!

Related Stories

Sharing makes the world a better place:
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Comments

Shares