Barcelona have announced they will sue former star Neymar for €8.5million.
The Brazilian superstar completed a world-record £199million switch to PSG earlier this summer.
But Barca have stated they are taking legal action against the player for failing to fulfil his contract.
It is suggested Neymar owes the club from last year’s renewal bonus.
The Brazilian has enjoyed a stunning start to life in Paris, having scored three times in his first two appearances for the club.
Neymar’s departure has seen club president Josep Maria Bartomeu, who criticised Neymar’s behaviour over his transfer, come under intense pressure to resign, with the Brazilian the latest to stoke the fire.
Earlier this month, Bartomeu said: “His way of doing things was not the best. It was not the behaviour we expect of a Barca player.”
Neymar on Monday lambasted Barcelona directors who he said “shouldn’t be there” if his former club can return to their winning ways.
As quoted by Football Espana, Neymar said: “When I arrived, everything started well but then… at Barcelona, there are directors that shouldn’t be there. I’m very sad with them.
“I had four very happy years there, but Barca deserve much better. I have a lot of friends there, I hope things get better for Barca and that they go back to being a team that can compete.”
Since joining the Spanish powerhouse from boyhood club Santos in 2013, where he bagged 70 goals across 134 matches as well as playing an instrumental role in their first Copa Libertadores win since the days of Pele, Neymar has been an instrumental presence in their recent successes including winning a second historic treble in 2015.
Neymar would ultimately feature across 186 matches in all competitions to fore one of the most dangerous front three in football history alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
The Brazilian scored 105 goals and assisted a further 80 during his time at Camp Nou.
This post has already been read 289 times!