Chelsea manager Antonio Conte personally enquired about Renato Sanches earlier this week, according to Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
Sanches, who was voted best young player at Euro 2016 and also won the 2016 Golden Boy award, suffered a frustrating first season with Bayern as he struggled to establish himself under Carlo Ancelotti.
The 19-year-old admitted earlier this week he is “not satisfied” with his lack of playing time at Bayern and would consider leaving in search of more playing time.
AC Milan have held talks with Bayern about Sanches but Rummenigge says they are one of a number of clubs, including Chelsea, interested in signing the Portuguese international.
“There are at least 10 teams after Sanches,” Rummenigge told Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport.
“Conte asked for some information about him after Tuesday’s match because he knows he can make the difference on the pitch.
“[Carlo] Ancelotti was pleased with his performance against Chelsea so we can make some decisions on him later.”
He added: “Almost certainly we’ll let him leave just on loan, we still count on him.”
Sanches, who was signed for an initial fee of £27.5m (35m euros) from Benfica last summer, made only six starts for Bayern in the Bundesliga last season and completed 90 minutes just once.
Chelsea have already bolstered their midfield by signing Tiemoue Bakayoko for £40m from Monaco.
However, the Blues have sold Nathaniel Chalobah to Watford for £7m and have loaned Ruben Loftus-Cheek to Crystal Palace.
Nemanja Matic was left out of Chelsea’s pre-season tour of the Far East, along with Diego Costa, and has been linked with a potential move to Manchester United.
This post has already been read 1963 times!